Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday of the Third Week in Ordinary Time

But he said to them in reply, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And looking around at those seated in the circle he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother."
Mark 3:33-35

Reflection:
Just think how doing God's will makes us Jesus' brother and sister and mother. That's extraordinary considering we live in an age that we pride ourselves on our lineage.

Who can actually say their line comes from the same one as Jesus? But when we do God's will we can in all actuality say we belong to Jesus' family tree. Now that is an impressive lineage! I certainly would not be ashamed to say to anyone that I come from God's family even though it is in the spiritual sense. Jesus is my brother and I am his sister. Wow, indeed!

Wouldn't anyone else want to be part of this wonderful family? After all God gives us so much love. Doing his will after all is better than doing our own and we through Baptism are his children.

As we go through life and hear about the rift that is being caused in our world, how can we be part of a beautiful family. Do we do our part in bringing others back into the fold. When we do God's Will, we do everything for him with peace in our hearts. What a rewarding life then.

No comments: