Sunday, May 20, 2007

Seventh Sunday of Easter

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
“Holy Father, I pray not only for them,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one,
as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
that they also may be in us,
that the world may believe that you sent me.
And I have given them the glory you gave me,
so that they may be one, as we are one,
I in them and you in me,
that they may be brought to perfection as one,
that the world may know that you sent me,
and that you loved them even as you loved me.
Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me,
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
I made known to them your name and I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them.”

John 17:20-26

Prayer

Dear Father, may my heart burn with this desire as Jesus' did so very long ago. He put into words the desire of a heart that loves you fully. May we come to know this love so we too may know the Father and Sons love. My dearest Father look how far he has made you known these long years since he spoke this. May we too make you known because we too love you and from this others will see your love and come seeking this gift of love. How blessed we are to be one with you because of Jesus and his love for you and us. We are not only a gift to Jesus but he is a gift to us from you dear Father. There are no words that could ever explain the love that rests in a heart that is one with you. Amen

No comments: