Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sixth Sunday of Easter

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.
Whoever does not love me does not keep my words;
yet the word you hear is not mine
but that of the Father who sent me.

“I have told you this while I am with you.
The Advocate, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in my name,
will teach you everything
and remind you of all that I told you.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give it to you.
Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
You heard me tell you,
‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’
If you loved me,
you would rejoice that I am going to the Father;
for the Father is greater than I.
And now I have told you this before it happens,
so that when it happens you may believe.”
John 14:23-29

Prayer

Dear Father, Jesus tells his apostles that you are greater than he, yet you are one with him. Because of this there is peace in my soul for you are truth. In our day we have the grace to be the witnesses of your Sons testimony and the testimony of his chosen apostles. How his words and revelations have come to pass. This is how we are not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid because of this great telling of peace. Peace he leaves with us peace he gives us, a beautiful gift of love because we do have peace when we live as Jesus asks of us. Amen

No comments: