Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday the Fifth Week of Easter

Jesus said to his disciples:
“If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first.
If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own;
but because you do not belong to the world,
and I have chosen you out of the world,
the world hates you.
Remember the word I spoke to you,
‘No slave is greater than his master.’
If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.
If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.
And they will do all these things to you on account of my name,
because they do not know the one who sent me.”
John 15:18-21

Prayer

Dear Father how truly happy we are to be chosen ones of your son. Because he endured hatred and persecution first for us, in order for us to have strength in this knowledge. We now can live in joy knowing that what we do is out of love for you, that no matter how much the world hates and persecutes us, we can live your word without fear. All because Jesus suffered first for us so we may understand his point about being chosen by him. What a gift he has given us to know we are his. Lord, let the hearts of the world become yours so we may all be united to you in one body, one faith. May the hearts of the world beat with love and not hatred of your Holy Name. Amen

No comments: