Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday the Fifth Week of Easter

Jesus said to his disciples:
“This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another.”
John 15:12-17

Prayer

Dear Father your Son is our friend because he no longer calls us slaves. How wonderful it is for us to know everything that you have told Jesus for us to understand through these many years. It is even more a delight knowing that we are chosen to go out and bear more fruit for your kingdom. We are ever grateful of the gift of your love. Jesus we ask of you in faith that our Father will grant us whatever we ask for and today we ask that evil be removed and replaced with love for one another. In your name Jesus we pray for the conversion of the world. Amen

No comments: