Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Blessed are They

And he, lifting up his eyes on his disciples, said: Blessed are ye poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for you shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for you shall laugh. Blessed shall you be when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Be glad in that day and rejoice; for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For according to these things did their fathers to the prophets. But woe to you that are rich: for you have your consolation. 25 Woe to you that are filled: for you shall hunger. Woe to you that now laugh: for you shall mourn and weep.

Woe to you when men shall bless you: for according to these things did their fathers to the false prophets.
Luke 6:20-26 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father I've often hungered throughout my life, not the hunger for food, but the hunger for your love. I never realized what true hunger was until you filled me up. I look back and see the many times I have starved and you fed me. I've wept without consolation, without ever knowing how close to me you were. But you turned those sorrowful tears to ones of joy where laughter is replaced. Most of all you held me when people hated me because of you and the love you give to me. I rejoice for your sake then. Dear Father I thank you most of all for letting me live my life in the way Jesus taught us to live, with eyes upon you at all times. With love for you first of all, I never forgot that it is to you first that my love goes. I've hungered for you, I've cried for you, I took the hatred of others for you and I will continue to do so because my love for you is great. You are what feeds me, you are what consoles me, you are what soothes me. May I continue to be yours dear Father where, living in your love is better than all the riches in the world. Amen

No comments: