Friday, September 28, 2007

Who Do You Say

And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples also were with him: and he asked them, saying: Whom do the people say that I am? But they answered, and said: John the Baptist; but some say Elias; and others say that one of the former prophets is risen again. And he said to them: But whom do you say that I am? Simon Peter answering, said: The Christ of God.

But he strictly charging them, commanded they should tell this to no man. Saying: The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the ancients and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and the third day rise again.
Luke 9:18-22 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father I think many of us ask this question of those in our life. Not so much in the same context but in these words, "What do they think of me," type of question. For us in our uncertainty we want to be sure. Not so with your Son Jesus, he knew what they thought. Isn't it in this very question that you rebuke us too. It is what you think of us that matters the most and not what those around think. We all suffer for our faith, often rejected and some killed out of love for your Son. Dear Father all I ask this day is strength to be what you want me to be. May I seek you praise and not from those who are around me. May you be first in thought and deed. Amen

No comments: