Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Word

And his mother and brethren came unto him; and they could not come at him for the crowd. And it was told him: Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

Who answering, said to them: My mother and my brethren are they who hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 8:19-21 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father it is wonderful to be part of your family as a child of yours. To know that hearing the Word of God and living it brought me closer to you. Our mother Mary knew this that day when Jesus was surrounded by so many and could not see her son. But her faith in you dear Father as with all of us who do your will are yours. And to think it is your Word that we must hear to be Jesus' sister, brother and mother. How simple is that, yet so difficult for us to live it as well. May I hear your Word and bring it to life in my daily life, that I give love to those around me as you give love to me. Amen

No comments: