Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Venture Forth

Then calling together the twelve apostles, he gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. And he said to them: Take nothing for your journey; neither staff, nor scrip, nor bread, nor money; neither have two coats. And whatsoever house you shall enter into, abide there, and depart not from thence. And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off even the dust of your feet, for a testimony against them.

And going out, they went about through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.
Luke 9:1-6 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father the apostles were given the way to go out into the world to proclaim the gospel message. What to do and not to do. Do I do this myself when living the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ. When I venture out into the world and meet with people, do I let them see the love I have for God and for them. Do I speak about our Lord and His Kingdom, so others may come to know Him. You know my heart dear Father and there are times when I felt I failed in giving others your love as you have given it to me. Where you love has brought healing. May the love in my heart for you bring healing to the many hearts that long to know you. May my day be fruitful for your Kingdom and love always be present in the fragrance of my life lived in you. Amen

No comments: