Saturday, October 06, 2007

Behold

And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying: Lord, the devils also are subject to us in thy name. And he said to them: I saw Satan like lightening falling from heaven. Behold, I have given you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and upon all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall hurt you. But yet rejoice not in this, that spirits are subject unto you; but rejoice in this, that your names are written in heaven.

In that same hour, he rejoiced in the Holy Ghost, and said: I confess to thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hidden these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to little ones. Yea, Father, for so it hath seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered to me by my Father; and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal him. And turning to his disciples, he said: Blessed are the eyes that see the things which you see. For I say to you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see the things that you see, and have not seen them; and to hear the things that you hear, and have not heard them.
Luke 10:17-24 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father we know you because Jesus has revealed it to us. But if we do not know your Son how then are we to truly know you. Yet you I have learned of by those who love you and brought you to me. You are precious in my eyes, a vision of love. To know you is to love you and that is a good statement. We tend to say this about those we love in our lives. I have seen what you want me to see and heard what you have to say and I too praise you for the love you give to me. I see your presence in life around me, for you created it. I hear the music of life and come to know your voice in the harmony of all the creatures. You are everywhere and all too often I and many others often take it for granted. You kiss my cheek with the breath of your love and your tears shower me because of our sins. Dear Father I pray to help stamp out evil in your name. I pray for love to grow as the fruit grow on the vine. May our world come to be the place you intended it to be. Amen

No comments: