Friday, October 05, 2007

Despise Not

Woe to thee, Corozain, woe to thee, Bethsaida. For if in Tyre and Sidon had been wrought the mighty works that have been wrought in you, they would have done penance long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgement, than for you. And thou, Capharnaum, which art exalted unto heaven, thou shalt be thrust down to hell.

He that heareth you, heareth me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth me; and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.

Luke 10:13-16 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father it would be in the best interest of my heart to listen to the Word that is sent by way of those who preach it. Not to despise them as you say, because the message they preach is yours. After all you chose them to be your voice. I always look forward to hearing your message come from them, for through them you speak the words of life. May my heart be ever open to your message that is delivered through those who preach. I pray that my ears may be open as well to hear what is being taught through them. Dear Father without them we wouldn't have you. May I pray for them, that they may be kept safe and strong in you. Amen

No comments: