Sunday, October 21, 2007

Faith

And he spoke also a parable to them, that we ought always to pray, and not to faint, Saying: There was a judge in a certain city, who feared not God, nor regarded man. And there was a certain widow in that city, and she came to him, saying: Avenge me of my adversary. And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within himself: Although I fear not God, nor regard man, Yet because this widow is troublesome to me, I will avenge her, lest continually coming she weary me. And the Lord said: Hear what the unjust judge saith. And will not God revenge his elect who cry to him day and night: and will he have patience in their regard? I say to you, that he will quickly revenge them. But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?
Luke 18:1-8 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father I can now understand where the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Often in the workforce this is what people do, complain until they get what they want. But that is also true for many who complain to get their way. I received an e-mail that showed a vast difference in count for those who want to keep your name. But in the lower count they are the one's who seem to be the ones who have been getting their way, having your name removed. In scripture then, it is not complaint that wins a judgement in this woman's favor but her persistence in asking for his help in rendering a just judgement. When I pray for my needs am I asking or complaining to you. When I am wronged, am I asking to hurt another or am I seeking to forgive and asking for conversion of heart. Asking in prayer finds results faster than complaining about our woes and seeking deliverance. Have I then prayed always to keep my faith alive rather than for what I want in material goods. Are my prayers for the good of others and their safekeeping? Have I prayed for you dear Father and given back to you what you so generously give me? May I pray always from my heart. May I be fervent in my prayer that my thought is one with you. That upon waking and throughout the day, my prayers may not stop for the sake of my soul. And should you come, it is with hope that you have found faith in me. Amen

No comments: