Saturday, October 20, 2007

Words

And I say to you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God. But he that shall deny me before men, shall be denied before the angels of God. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven. And when they shall bring you into the synagogues, and to magistrates and powers, be not solicitous how or what you shall answer, or what you shall say; For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what you must say.
Luke 12:8-12 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father I discovered how Jesus may have felt about this. I didn't realize it until it happened to me, in order to understand what he meant. I grew to understand the pain he suffered as well as the hurt you endure when we deny knowing you. When I found another human being turning their back and even denying knowing me, it was then I put it together and understood. Just as I love them in spite of the denial, so too you love us unconditionally. Dear Father I have found that in my every day life I follow your word and come to understand the importance of the messages that Jesus gave us. It is in my trials and dealings with others that I continue to grow in faith and understanding of your will. Being a most unusual person as I am and tying the Gospel message and the ordinary circumstances of my life, I know dear Father is a bit different from others. But you know something, it is then that I have come to truly know you and Jesus in a very special way. To understand the suffering that Jesus went through for us, but also to understand the hurt we inflict you. You know what they say, you never know what a person goes through until we go through it ourselves, well the same can be said of Jesus' Words and putting them together in our life. May your Words dear Father continue to live in our hearts and bring us a greater understanding of your Divine love for us. Amen

No comments: