Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hearing the Word of God

And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to him: Blessed is the womb that bore thee, and the paps that gave thee suck. But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it.
Luke 11:27-28 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father how I look forward to the Mass where I can hear your Word spoken through your Priests. How blessed we all are to hear and listen to the Word of God spoken to us. But as I pondered this I came to realize the truth of what Jesus spoke of. How often at times words would touch my heart, not really knowing the reason for it. When I looked back at the many times it would happen, I have to understand how blessed I was at those times. And to think how many of us in Church may have felt the touch of your Word and not realized this truth. Yet today, it dawned loud and clear upon my heart how truly blind we are when it comes to you. Or for a better word, stubborn is one I know I can be when I find I have failed in understanding. But I now know the reason for it and the timing of it. As with the words we hear when we gather together, how often we put them aside without thought to it's significance. Until much later when light is shed upon it. Dear Father I pray to listen with a more attentive ear and a more receptive heart for the love and grace you give. May I praise you for all that you do to let me see and hear the Word. Amen

No comments: