Sunday, October 14, 2007

Glory to God

And it came to pass, as he was going to Jerusalem, he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as he entered into a certain town, there met him ten men that were lepers, who stood afar off; And lifted up their voice, saying: Jesus, master, have mercy on us. Whom when he saw, he said: Go, shew yourselves to the priests. And it came to pass, as they went, they were made clean. And one of them, when he saw that he was made clean, went back, with a loud voice glorifying God.

And he fell on his face before his feet, giving thanks: and this was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering, said, Were not ten made clean? and where are the nine? There is no one found to return and give glory to God, but this stranger. And he said to him: Arise, go thy way; for thy faith hath made thee whole.
Luke 17:11-19 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father I am reminded once again of the depth of your love for me. How I have prayed for healing throughout my life and finding it given in ways I did not understand. Did I do as the ten lepers who were healed and continued on my way. Or did I do as the one who discovered their healing and come running to you and kneel at your feet in absolute gratitude for the gift of life given to me. You know that answer dear Father, because I have been always thankful. If I didn't thank you for the many blessings, the gift of life, the grace to live it then I would be a wretched person for sure. I wonder how many go through trials in their life and forget to thank you for getting them through it even when they thought you weren't there. How many are just like the nine lepers who go on their way without once giving you glory for your divine assistance. But then again do they really know how much you love them. I pray that more hearts with be touched with your love dear Father and come to thank you for the gift of life. Amen

No comments: