Monday, October 15, 2007

Greater than Jonah

Memorial of Saint Teresa of Jesus

And the multitudes running together, he began to say: This generation is a wicked generation: it asketh a sign, and a sign shall not be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet. For as Jonas was a sign to the Ninivites; so shall the Son of man also be to this generation.

The queen of the south shall rise in the judgment with the men of this generation, and shall condemn them: because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold more than Solomon here. The men of Ninive shall rise in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it; because they did penance at the preaching of Jonas; and behold more than Jonas here.

Luke 11:29-32 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father something greater than Jonah is here, your precious Son Jesus. Just as he was in the time of Jonah, so it is also now in our time. Only difference, we have him with us in a most delightful way. I love the fact that I can visit him any time of the day where I can give him my all and he can talk to my heart. I love the fact that I can dine with him and we become one. What sign is really needed then, none at all because something far greater than Jonah is here and he has always been present to us. May I always look forward to receiving my Lord and spending wonderful moments in his presence. Amen

No comments: