Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thoughts

And as he was speaking, a certain Pharisee prayed him, that he would dine with him. And he going in, sat down to eat. And the Pharisee began to say, thinking within himself, why he was not washed before dinner. And the Lord said to him: Now you Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter; but your inside is full of rapine and iniquity. Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without, make also that which is within? But yet that which remaineth, give alms; and behold, all things are clean unto you.
Luke 11:37-41 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father do I do as the Pharisee did and thought to myself why someone did as they did. Judge them in thought. Have I attempted to keep those thoughts clean and free from what would make my soul dirty. Do I let my thoughts cause my heart to sin and should I have, then it would be wise to seek reconciliation. To make atonement and free the soul from anymore stains that block out the light. May I seek the confessional when I find myself thinking of judgement of others or thinking the things that spoil my love for you. How difficult it is to maintain a clean heart, free from what would make it unclean, yet I strive to keep where I live clean, so too I strive to keep where you live even cleaner. After all dear Father, you deserve to live in a crystal clear heart, where your beautiful light of love shines. Amen

No comments: