Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Living Life in God

And it came to pass, as they walked in the way, that a certain man said to him: I will follow thee withersoever thou goest. Jesus said to him: The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. But he said to another: Follow me. And he said: Lord, suffer me first to go, and to bury my father. And Jesus said to him: Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou, and preach the kingdom of God.

And another said: I will follow thee, Lord; but let me first take my leave of them that are at my house. Jesus said to him: No man putting his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:57-62 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father putting your kingdom first before our own desires seems to be the way of it.Have I set my life in this way dear Father where my every thought is of you. I long to do what is right in your eyes and follow you on the path to holiness. If for one moment I hesitate in my love for you then I truly would not be yours in that time. One thing I have discovered about loving you and choosing to follow you, those around me I love in the way you love me. Your example gives me the strength to go out into the world and give to others what you have given me. When you called and said come, follow me, in that moment you opened a door that I refuse to shut. If only more could do the same when you touch their hearts and say the same thing, Yes, I Lord I will gladly follow you and give to the kingdom of God my all. Amen

No comments: