Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Memorial of the Guardian Angels

At that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who thinkest thou is the greater in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus calling unto him a little child, set him in the midst of them, And said: Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is the greater in the kingdom of heaven. And he that shall receive one such little child in my name, receiveth me.

See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 18:1-5, 10 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father how often I forget the special angels you give us. This is a reminder for me to humble myself as a child because the angels that watch over me see you. Your love is so great dear Father that you send me angels to watch and guard me. I feel so very safe knowing that you care about me enough to do this. After all that is said and done, you did the same for your Son Jesus by sending him the Archangels. The were with him constantly and we are no different either. Our life is not as his was but you still give us care just as our own dad's would. How may I humble myself to be part of your kingdom. Since I am older, then I too must do what you ask and become as a child, trusting in you.

No comments: