Friday, November 30, 2007

A Calling to Follow

Feast of Saint Andrew, Apostle

And Jesus walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea (for they were fishers). And he saith to them: Come ye after me, and I will make you to be fishers of men. And they immediately leaving their nets, followed him. And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets: and he called them. And they forthwith left their nets and father, and followed him.
Matthew 4:18-22 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father with your Son present at the time he called these two disciples, it was the greatest calling for them. For us in our day it is also a great calling when He calls us too. We don't see Jesus as the apostles did in order for those who are called to hear him, but Jesus calls them interiorly from the heart. What a blessing to those who have heard this and left to follow Jesus in their chosen vocation. The key is to follow Jesus. To choose to follow Him in the capacity he calls. Dear Father I wonder how many you truly have called and they chose not to respond out of fear of letting go of what is of this world. Little do they know how to live in you and be part of you. I pray for more vocations as you called the apostles. I pray that their hearts will be open to your interior calling. O heavenly Father you threw the net and captured my heart, you called me and I am here to serve you, for you are my life.

No comments: