Saturday, December 01, 2007

Take Heed

And take heed to yourselves, lest perhaps your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness, and the cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly. For as a snare shall it come upon all that sit upon the face of the whole earth. Watch ye, therefore, praying at all times, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are to come, and to stand before the Son of man.
Luke 21:34-36 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father I remember when I once did what you admonish us not to do. As a young person fresh out of school wanting to experience life and not really finding it but burying it in partying and having fun. Wasted days for sure. Living life in such a way does not prepare our souls for your coming, nor for the day when we go to our death and find which eternity we will spend it in. How easily the snares of the earth do capture us and take us away from you dear Father. There is truth in these words of yours that praying frees us when we pray from the heart. If I didn't go through this myself and find out the hard way I would have lived my life in better preparation. You still found me worthy and continue to love me even when I fall flat on my face. You pick me us so I can stand before your Son and proclaim my undying love to him. Thank you my Beloved.

No comments: