Friday, November 02, 2007

The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed

All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me, I will not cast out. Because I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day. And this is the will of my Father that sent me: that every one who seeth the Son, and believeth in him, may have life everlasting, and I will raise him up in the last day.

John 6:37-40 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father it is with great hope that on the day that I go to my eternal rest I will be raised up on my last day. Because of the faith and trust I have in your Son Jesus. I truly believe and trust in your presence in my life, that Jesus was sent from you to teach us how to follow your will and not my own. But more than that it is with faith that knowing Jesus came looking for me and brought me back to you. For in seeing Jesus I have then seen you and what a blessing that is to me. Your fragrance alone is heavenly and one I cherish as you surround me with your love. It is your love dear Father that I seek as well as the love of your Son. When my time comes to go to my death I know that you will be there with me holding me as I take my last breath. Dear Father I pray for those who have gone to their eternal resting place and now reside in your care and for those who are in a place of atonement awaiting release by our prayers. May they know the comfort of your divine love as heaven is their destination. Amen

No comments: