Thursday, November 08, 2007

Joy

Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them. And he spoke to them this parable, saying: What man of you that hath an hundred sheep: and if he shall lose one of them, doth he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert, and go after that which was lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing: And coming home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost? I say to you, that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that doth penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.

Or what woman having ten groats; if she lose one groat, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently until she find it? And when she hath found it, call together her friends and neighbours, saying: Rejoice with me, because I have found the groat which I had lost. So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

Luke 15:1-10 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father how happy I must have made you on the day that I turned my life around and chose to follow you. How happy you have made my heart by choosing me. From throughout my life I have loved you and didn't realize how I have searched high and low for you. But in my life I kept my eyes shut to your wonderful ways. Oh how the heavens must have rejoiced when I was found and brought home to you. I dear Father have repented so much that doing your will is what I seek. My repentance has given you the key to my heart, one that I am glad to relinquish. If there is anything I could ever tell people about you dear Father, it would be the love you give when a sinner comes home to you. I pray that many will reconcile their lives and come to find the true treasure that is in you. And how heaven will rejoice over their repentance. Amen

No comments: