Friday, November 09, 2007

Temple

And the pasch of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. And he found in the temple them that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting. And when he had made, as it were, a scourge of little cords, he drove them all out of the temple, the sheep also and the oxen, and the money of the changers he poured out, and the tables he overthrew.
And to them that sold doves he said: Take these things hence, and make not the house of my Father a house of traffic. And his disciples remembered, that it was written: The zeal of thy house hath eaten me up. The Jews, therefore, answered, and said to him: What sign dost thou shew unto us, seeing thou dost these things? Jesus answered, and said to them: Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. The Jews then said: Six and forty years was this temple in building; and wilt thou raise it up in three days? But he spoke of the temple of his body. When therefore he was risen again from the dead, his disciples remembered, that he had said this, and they believed the scripture, and the word that Jesus had said.
John 2:13-22 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father I know Jesus was talking of the building, but aren't we also part of the temple. Throughout my life dear Father I have recalled how my own body is also a temple. Didn't I let sin enter my temple and disrupt what is holy within me. My thoughts of many things that ran along the line of material rather than spiritual. It wasn't until I knelt and understood that I wanted to clean out my temple so you could dwell within. I needed to want that change more than anything. I needed to drive out what made my temple unfit for a King. It is a choice to cleanse and repair and renew the temple that should never have been abandoned in the first place. Dear Father I thank you for the Holy Spirit who dwells within along with you and your son, my temple is complete. And there is also a very special place for our Mother, where she also guides and watches over me. May I continue to keep my temple fit for a King and keep sin out. Amen

No comments: