Sunday, November 11, 2007

Life in God

And there came to him some of the Sadducees, who deny that there is any resurrection, and they asked him, Saying: Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he leave no children, that his brother should take her to wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children. And the next took her to wife, and he also died childless. And the third took her. And in like manner all the seven, and they left no children, and died. Last of all the woman died also.
In the resurrection therefore, whose wife of them shall she be? For all the seven had her to wife.
And Jesus said to them: The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they that shall be accounted worthy of that world, and of the resurrection from the dead, shall neither be married, nor take wives. Neither can they die any more: for they are equal to the angels, and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. Now that the dead rise again, Moses also shewed, at the bush, when he called the Lord, The God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; For he is not the God of the dead, but of the living: for all live to him.
Luke 20:27-38 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father you are the living God and for me it is wonderful to know that. But to know also that you are the God of the living and not the dead. Does that mean that when I live my life and live it for you and with you that when I die I am still alive for then I have attained eternal life. But if I live outside of your will and away from you that when I do die, I will be dead and not have life because you are the God of the living. And in order to be alive one must live in you. Have I then answered my own question, that your scripture has made known to my heart. For you truly are the God of the living just as Moses had said the day he was before the burning bush. Also too, since I once was dead from sin, you have resurrected my heart to life lived in you. You Lord have given me life and I am forever grateful for the grace you have given to my lifeless soul.

No comments: