Friday, December 07, 2007

Sight for the Sightless

And as Jesus passed from thence, there followed him two blind men crying out and saying, Have mercy on us, O Son of David. And when he was come to the house, the blind men came to him. And Jesus saith to them, Do you believe, that I can do this unto you? They say to him, Yea, Lord. Then he touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith, be it done unto you. And their eyes were opened, and Jesus strictly charged them, saying, See that no man know this. But they going out, spread his fame abroad in all that country.
Matthew 9:27-31 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father no matter how close I try to get to you there are days when I too cry out to you have mercy on me, oh Lord. Then I ask you am I blind to those around me, do I see them as you do with love in your heart. How blind am I Lord that I don't see the way I should see. I cry out to you to heal the blindness in my soul, let my faith bring healing to the darkness that blinds me to see the pain in those I see around me. The hurt and struggles they suffer in their faith. But as you opened my eyes to your love you also opened my eyes to their anguish. Their hearts also call out to you, have mercy on us. Our prayers become one then, as we continue to learn of your healing grace in our lives. May we find sight and healing as we continue on this Advent journey. And bring healing and sight to another from our faith in you. Amen

No comments: