Thursday, December 06, 2007

Building a House

Thursday of the First Week of Advent

Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Every one therefore that heareth these my words, and doth them, shall be likened to a wise man that built his house upon a rock, And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat upon that house, and it fell not, for it was founded on a rock. And every one that heareth these my words, and doth them not, shall be like a foolish man that built his house upon the sand, And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat upon that house, and it fell, and great was the fall thereof.
Matthew 7:21, 24-27 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer Reflection

Dear Father it's good to know your Word and to live and act on it. That means I built my house on rock. Not rock in the sense of a stone but it's solid and firm. The test of faith is how we find out how well we did build the house. Often throughout our lifetime we may encounter many storms that buffet us in ways that would make a person crumble and fall away with the tide of time. But when we know your Word and live by it, it is our strength that keeps us standing when everything else is collapsing around us. That is an awesome way to live dear Father, to live by you and with you amid my life. You are the foundation I have built my faith upon and you have sent the winds of destruction to test my faith in you and it has prevailed against the onslaught. I am glad that you have tested me and for me to see how strong I have kept safe my hope and my home in you. Amen

No comments: