Tuesday, February 21, 2006

As Children

Today's Gospel reminds me of a time when I was young, when we used to go outside for recess at school. I remember how we used to line up to be picked for teams, that was what most all of us seem to want, was to be picked first. Now that I think back, it seemed the popular ones were always picked first. It was what they always wanted, yet little did they know, that it will put them last. I understand this Gospel because I was one of the one's always picked last, which was okay with me. I think I developed a lot of patience when I was waiting to be chosen, because no matter what line I was in I always let someone else go before me. I think I made that conscious choice as a child to hope to be last, because I was aiming for the Heart of God.
In this particular Gospel Jesus, (Mark9:36)Taking a child, he placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it, he said to them, 37"Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me." When we meet a child do we receive them in Jesus name? When children are born are they received in the name of Jesus? Or do we push them aside like we do everyone else, put them to work doing heinous work, selling them for money. Unfortunately we kill their souls, when we abuse them, mentally, physically, and emotionally. We commit such evil acts against the future generations of the world. That what we promote in our children will be the product of the future. So hey, let's continue to teach them violence, let's teach them there is no God, let's promote an end to male and female relationships, by using the children to bring this into the focus, after all we are the one's who promote promiscuity. Let's teach these children how not to love from their heart so they will be a happy future generation. Let's continue to turn our children into psychotic beings. Each generation that has survived has been a product of the environment, what does that tell us about us today? Why has it been so hard to follow the Word of God, and the teachings of Jesus? It seems we end up further and further away from God, yet he does all that is possible to bring us closer to Him. Why, and for what would He do this for? For the very simple answer, His Divine Love for us. Are we all worthy of being saved, YES. So today as an adult, recall your childhood, and receive yourself in Jesus' name. God Bless you all with a smile in your heart.

No comments: