Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Father

And it came to pass, that as he was in a certain place praying, when he ceased, one of his disciples said to him: Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples. And he said to them: When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.
Luke 11:1-4 (Douay-Rheims)

Prayer

Dear Father we were given a prayer to you that surpasses all prayers. I can only imagine the day when Jesus spoke it to the disciples. A prayer I often take for granted. I have learned to understand the depth of this prayer, where Jesus touched upon the need to ask for our daily bread, to forgive as you forgive and most especially not to be lead into temptation. I had come to say this pray in a mindless way without thought to what I was praying, yet you revived this prayer in my heart. To teach me the value of it and the importance it has in my life of prayer. I have come to know how much you love this prayer when it is said from the heart. Where you take it to yours when we say it. This prayer was given to us by your Son and how magnificent it is. May it inspire my heart and many others who pray it daily. To say it with love for you. Amen

No comments: