Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bearing Witness

And it came to pass, as he was going to Jerusalem, he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as he entered into a certain town, there met him ten men that were lepers, who stood afar off; And lifted up their voice, saying: Jesus, master, have mercy on us. Whom when he saw, he said: Go, shew yourselves to the priests. And it came to pass, as they went, they were made clean. And one of them, when he saw that he was made clean, went back, with a loud voice glorifying God. And he fell on his face before his feet, giving thanks: and this was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering, said, Were not ten made clean? and where are the nine? There is no one found to return and give glory to God, but this stranger. And he said to him: Arise, go thy way; for thy faith hath made thee whole.
Luke 17:11-19 (Douay-Rheims Bible)

Prayer

Dear Father your mercy is great. For I can attest to your forgiveness in my life. I bear witness to your saving grace. I am unashamed to proclaim my love for you. I stand before others and give them my testimony of your healing touch upon my soul. Who hasn't been touched by you heavenly Father and not gone and revealed your love to others. It would be a shame to hide the truth of healing, even for me were I to hide the fact that you personally came to me I would them be saying I was ashamed of you. I love you and I declare it to all the world, the faith you entrusted to my heart, the healing you brought to my soul. You gave me sight, you gave me hearing and I in my small way can do no less by proclaiming the greatness of your love for me. You made me whole, you filled me with your presence and oh how that love is, it is the delight of my heart. May many come to know your love this day and come to proclaim their faith in you without shame. Amen

No comments: